When I came to the practice of yoga nearly fifteen years ago, I was stressed out, over-worked, and tortured by my overactive negative thinking patterns. I did not feel good in my body and my mind wasn’t a particularly friendly place.
The practices of yoga and meditation have taught me I am stronger than I ever knew. They have taught me to take responsibility for my body, my health, my actions, and my mind. Through meditation, I have learned my thoughts are not who I am, they are habits.
As a teacher, my intention is to help students find clarity of purpose, embrace their inner-wisdom, and transform their insights into meaningful change in their lives. My classes and programs are designed to foster physical and emotional well-being. I am passionate about helping students build strength and flexibility, release tension, and unravel limiting beliefs; including conquering self-doubt and quieting negativity.
I believe in doing the work of this practice on and off my mat. Having completed my 500-hour studies in 2015 (200-hour in 2011), I spent 2016 working with Rolf Gates in his mentorship and coaching programs where I committed to a life-changing daily meditation practice. In 2017, I began The Skillful Living Project, a yogic life coaching service designed to help participants integrate the lessons of yoga, psychology, and their own innate wisdom into their everyday lives. Most recently my work with Off the Mat Into the World’s Yoga, Purpose and Action Leadership Intensive into identifying my personal values and intentions—as well as unearthing uncomfortable beliefs, conditioned patterns and the ways in which I separate myself from or promote otherness in the world—has had a profound effect on both my personal and professional life.
I have enjoyed working with collegiate athletic and club teams, private individuals, senior groups, corporate and church wellness & mindfulness programs, teaching workshops, and public studio classes. With the continued restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, I have moved online with live-stream classes. Now more than ever it is important to embrace our human capacity for introspection and take responsibility for our inner life. I would be honored to assist you in your journey.
originally published in Edible Indy Mindfulness, consciousness and awareness: Sam Eibling strives to embody these qualities in her daily activities. As the co-owner of Bloomington’s well-regarded cookware and foodstuff shop Goods for Cooks, and a practicing yoga instructor, Eibling has found a way to mesh her two occupations into a harmonious life. As a yoga …
originally published in Limestone Post These days, it seems everybody has advice on how to live better and be more successful. Much of this “help” seems centered on correcting something about ourselves or acquiring some book, drink, diet, or machine to “fix” our problems. But, in this series, we will explore accessible, thought-provoking ways to …
originally published in The Limestone Post We have explored in previous installments of Know Thyself the benefits of connecting with and continually realigning our values, intentions, and goals as well as discovering the strengths and pitfalls of our particular personality traits. By now, a sense of our inner lives and our view of the world is revealing itself. …
Monday Morning | Vinyasa Flow
9:00 am – 10:00 am EST
Monday Evening | Vinyasa Flow
7:30 pm – 8:45 pm EST
Wednesday Morning | Vinyasa Flow
9:00 am – 10:00 am EST
Friday Morning | Vinyasa Flow
9:00 am – 10:00 am EST
for Venmo, please note the dates (and times) of the classes you are signing up for
ONLINE YOGA CLASSES
These online classes are intended to provide a range of options and modifications allowing you to adjust your practice to your daily needs. While it is helpful to have some yoga experience, it is not absolutely necessary. If you are new to the practice or modifying for injury or recovery, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with questions or recommendations. Classes will offer a range of asana (posture) options and participants are more than welcome to stay with the option or modification that suits their body and mind in the moment.
Classes focus on asana (postures), pranayama (breathwork), and meditation (inner stillness and observation), and therapeutic techniques with props (blocks, straps, bolsters, therapy balls, blankets) designed to nourish your body and align your mind with your deeper intentions. Each class integrates a philosophical theme, food for thought, empowering you to integrate the benefits of your practices and connect them with your life off your mat.
Vinyasa Flow – all levels to intermediate
Linked postures often focusing on one breath one movement in the flow with the option of more challenging transitions. Some experience is helpful but participants are encouraged to take offered modifications and adapt to their own bodies needs. A slightly faster moving pace, you will learn to move with purpose, acquire balance and dexterity, as well as learn to let parts of the flow go or push yourself as needed.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
Participants will be emailed a Zoom link at least 30 minutes prior to each class they sign up for. Please fill out this liability waiver and emergency contact form prior to your first session (only one time is necessary)
I recommend setting up your space and joining the class 15 minutes prior to class.
Once you open the session:
– Mute your microphone (you can unmute prior to and after each session to participate in greetings and ask questions). Currently, as class begins, you will be unmuted on my side to allow you to chime in if there is an issue. To mute yourself click the microphone at the bottom left until you see a line through the microphone.
– Adjust your camera view, I keep my laptop roughly 5 feet from me when I teach so you can see me. Feel free to set us the same way so that I can offer feedback during your practice. You can pin my square in order to see the demonstrated poses more clearly, while still seeing others along the side or top.
– If you wish, turn off your video prior to class. I do recommend having your video on during class to encourage a sense of community. If you prefer not to stare at yourself you can set your screen to gallery view OR pin the teacher’s square as the main video. However, if you prefer privacy, please don’t hesitate to practice with your video off.
– Music: a Spotify link with suggested playlist will be posted in the chat session box along with any special notes or prop suggestions. Muting your microphone also allows each participant to choose their own music or none at all.
– If you prefer to practice with the playlist or your own music, I recommend streaming it on a separate device. For instance have your laptop set up with the zoom stream and stream music through your phone’s speaker or via Bluetooth speaker/earphones. Streaming both video and music through the same device can create challenges with sound.
– Zoom: when you set up your zoom account, please use at lease a first name and last initial when entering a zoom session so I may address you respectfully. ie: Sam E
– I reserve the right to remove students from the live stream classes who are attending on unidentified devices (i.e. iPhone, or nickname) or who attempt to record or share the class content.
– No-Show Policy: for students who pre-register and who do not attend, their pass on file will be used. Transfers are permitted for streaming drop-ins if you notify me via email or text. I am also able to send a recorded version as well. If you have questions or concerns, please contact or IM me at @samanthaeiblingyoga via Facebook or Instagram.
– I record classes for the purpose of sending them to paid participants to use on off days or if they miss class. Students participating in the live classes are not recorded.
WHAT WILL I NEED FOR ONLINE YOGA CLASSES?
– A quiet space where you won’t be interrupted
– A yoga mat
– Blocks (alternatively: some large books, a stool or chair, or water bottle can help with balance and bring the floor to you)
– A yoga strap (alternatively: a belt, scarf, or shirt can help with binding and lengthening reach)
– A blanket (alternatively: a larger towel or sweatshirt can offer warmth or bolster the body when needed)
– Therapy balls (alternatively: tennis balls) in some classes therapeutic techniques for the opening and release of fascia and muscle may be offered.
– Phone, tablet or laptop to follow the class via Zoom
– If you prefer warmer yoga classes, you might consider adding a ceramic heater to your space. It can be quite nice in the winter especially.
– Please fill out this liability waiver and emergency contact form prior to your first session.
Streaming Yoga Class Drop In = $10*
All Access Month of Yoga = $108 no added fees
Donation = allows participants to pay a reduced price as needed**
Tip = allows participants to tip as they wish
Same rates $10 drop in/ $108 month unlimited. Avoid transaction fees with direct payment to @SamanthaEiblingYoga – please note the date(s) of class(es) you are attending for drop-in payments. I check Venmo and Eventbrite several times prior to each class.
Please fill out this liability waiver and emergency contact form prior to your first session.
* Drop in classes include Eventbrite fees and total $12.24
** It is important to me that the practice of yoga is accessible. Particularly in these times. Please use these payment options without fear of judgement.
“SAM EIBLING IS ONE OF THE MOST SUPPORTIVE AND CONSCIENTIOUS TEACHERS I’VE EVER HAD THE PLEASURE OF STUDYING UNDER. SHE CREATES A SAFE AND NURTURING ENVIRONMENT WHERE YOU CAN EXPLORE NEW POSTURES AND TEST YOUR LIMITS IN A SAFE WAY. I SUFFERED A SHOULDER INJURY WHICH I THOUGHT WOULD END MY YOGA PRACTICE AND SAM WAS INCREDIBLY GENEROUS IN GIVING ME OODLES OF PERSONAL ATTENTION AND MODIFICATIONS SO I COULD STILL PARTICIPATE IN A VINYASA FLOW. WHEN I AM UNDER SAM’S WATCHFUL EYE, I KNOW THAT I AM NOT GOING TO INJURE MYSELF. ADDITIONALLY, MY YOGA PRACTICE PRIOR TO MOVING TO BLOOMINGTON WAS SOLELY A PHYSICAL PRACTICE. SAM OPENED MY EYES TO EVERYTHING YOGA CAN BE; HOW IT FEEDS AND PERMEATES EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR LIFE. SAM’S CLASS ALWAYS LEAVES ME WITH A CLEARER MIND AND INSPIRED VISION TO ENTER THE DAY.”